is there any nonwebkit browser available for (x)ubuntu?

som drsoumalya-distro at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 2 02:40:48 UTC 2015

> On Thursday, 1 January 2015 11:41 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > NoOp wrote:
>>  On 01/01/2015 01:37 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
>>  > som wrote:
>>  >> i was thinking about this yesterday. other than firefox, is there
>>  >> any
>>  >> other non-webkit browser available for (x)ubuntu 14.04?
>>  >
>>  > Besides "dillo", "konqueror", "lynx",
> "midori", "netsurf" and "w3m"
>>  > there may be others.
>>
>>  midori is webkit based:
>
> Ooops, I' sorry for that one, I should have checked it before posting.

nils, no problem, because of your posting,i came to know about so many other browsers. i have used midori earlier; but never heard about netsurf, w3m, dillo. so trying them is a new experience for me!

i was actually thinking about monopoly of one product/rendering engine- "is it healthy for the eco-system?" that leads to the question. thanks for providing the names.

> There is PaleMoon. I don't know if it's in your repo, but if not, then
> go to:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pm4linux/
>
> and get it.

it's not in the repository; so i'll check it. thanks for the link doug.

regards,
som