lost pulse

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Feb 25 16:27:10 UTC 2015

Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Gary J. Kirkpatrick
> <garyartista at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net>
wrote:

Did you remove the entry in the file or did you remove the file? If you
didn't remove the file, that would be another option - or even better,
move it to another place so you can put it back later. BTW: I don't have
a file ~/.config/pulse/default.pa on any of my machines, so I think
sound should work without it. But maybe there is another file in
~/.config/pulse/ which creates the problem. On my machines there is only
a file cookie from last April in that directory.

> >> From that error message I would assume that pulse should be started
> >> before X11. Therefore I would suggest to restart lightdm or reboot.
> >
> > Reboot had no effect. The screen when completely blank when I did-
> >    sudo service lightdm restart
> >
> > I let it sit for about 1 minute.
>
> But when I did sudo restart lightdm it restarted fine but no change to
> sound.

Well, then it looks like I guessed wrong ...

Nils