problem upgrading 13.04 to 14.04

Bernard bdebreil at teaser.fr
Wed Feb 18 12:01:41 UTC 2015

Hi to Everyone,

I have seen docs to either carry a direct upgrade or do it in two steps,
first 13.04 to 13.10 then 13.10 to 14.04. Problem is: it seems that I
can't update my /etc/apt/sources.list using the address below, since it
says it is restricted and that errors have occured:

sudo sed -i -e
's/archive.ubuntu.com\|security.ubuntu.com/old-releases.ubuntu.com/g'
/etc/apt/sources.list

Have these archives been moved to another address ?  How should I operate ?

I hope I don't have to re-install a newer ubuntu from scratch, since I
would then have too many things to re-install.

Thanks in advance for any input

Bernard