Kernel 'bisection'

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:52:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 11:06 -0500, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> On 02/17/2015 10:42 AM, Chris wrote:

> >> I don't build my own kernels, though, and haven't done this century.
> >>
> >> Sure, I used to in the mid-1990s, when you had to do that kind of
> >> fooling around, but things, as I keep telling you and you resolutely
> >> keep utterly ignoring, have moved on since then.
> >>
> > I've given up on trying to do this as whenever I ask a question on the
> > bug report or add information none of the, what would you call them,
> > those the bug is reported to, ever respond. The same goes for the bug
> > report I've added information to at freedesktop.org, no one seems to
> > care and questions I have don't get answered. There has to be a reason
> > for it as I'm not the only one having this issue as shown in the two bug
> > reports but no help is forthcoming.
> >
> 	Not worthy? Not part of the "in" crowd? Yeah, I've seen that too, in
> many places... Those that fix the bugs tend to respond only to their
> friends. The rest, at best, get the cold shoulder.
> 	And unfortunately, it happens here on this user support list as well.

There's one person notified of all changes to the bug, a whole slew that
could possibly be notified. FWIW I just had another 'lockup' at 5:19pm
with the same kernel error as I'd shown before. Added a comment to both
the Ubuntu and freedesktop.org bugs. Shoot, I've even gone to the
#ubuntu-kernel IRC channel and asked what the status of the bug is,
still no replies. I used to get more help when I was running Mandriva!

Am I ranting, yes, in a way, I try not to get too excited, not good for
me at my age.

Chris

--
Chris