OT: Books on C programming - any suggestions?

Dan Purgert dan at djph.net
Mon Feb 16 18:15:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:14:09 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:

> I've been looking to take up C programming for Linux/UN*X systems. I had
> a look at it a few years back, but got sidetracked. Has anyone got any
> suggestions for good books? I already have the K&R book, but I need more
> material.

Not sure specifically about the C books, but the books by O'Reilly Media
to be good for Perl and Python.

Specifically, I'm talking about the ones with the animals on the front.
Not really sure the distinction why some get  animals and others don't,
but the ones without the animal covers I've found to be simply awful.