exclude certain files from fdupes output

Randy Williamson ac7nj at arrl.net
Sat Feb 14 19:28:02 UTC 2015

On Feb 14, 2015 9:35 AM, "Curt Tresenriter" <ctres at grics.net> wrote:

> I need to run fdupes on a large number of audio files, 3+ TB, in two
> or three subdirectories and would like to exclude all files that are
> jpeg, jpg, png, txt, pdf etc. - essentially any file that is not an
> audio file.
> Fdupes output needs to be a file I can open in a spread sheet for
> comparison.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this easily and/or quickly?

Fdupes is for finding duplicate files. What you are asking for is to find a
specific file type. Then you want to open the files in a spreadsheet.
I think you are going about the task wrong.
A bash script or a python script can locate all of the audio files collect
them and do comparison. It's hard to give you specifics without more
information.
I recommend writing down what you want to do one thing at a time, like you
were programing the computer in plain English. Then start finding the
syntax for your script.

Randy ac7nj