Extending the time Ubuntu 12.04 stays open without making the screen go dark

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:17:26 UTC 2015

On 12 February 2015 at 18:54, Don Parsons <dfp10 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello.
> I would like to have the screen stay live longer than the present few
> minutes (or go dark for a short time and then open up again repeatedly and
> automatically). I find the present need to keep signing back inm when the
> screen goes dark, rather annoying.

Assuming you are using standard Ubuntu then (from the drop down menu
on the cog in the top right hand corner) go to System Settings >
Brightness & Lock where you can change the time before the screen will
turn off.  Look through the other stuff in System Settings too, there
is loads of stuff you can fiddle with.

Colin