rplay fails to run

Maurizio Dall'Acqua mau.h20 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:43:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 17:33:24 +0000
Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 February 2015 at 17:14, Maurizio Dall'Acqua <mau.h20 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 16:55:04 +0000
> > Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I don't know much about rplay and have never used it, but are you
> >> sure the server is not already running, having been started by the
> >> install script?
> >>
> > Yes I'm sure because if I type the command:
> >
> > rplay /some/file.wav
> >
> > rplay doesn't play anything.
>
> I think from that you can be sure it is not working as you expect.
> That is not the same as the server not running.  You may be right
> though.
>
> Colin

I'm afraid you're right. Upon your hint, just to be sure, I checked if
I could find the rplay process in the task manager. And I found it.
That can explain the address-already-in-use error message. But it
remains the basic problem that the command:

rplay /some/file.wav

doesn't play any sounds at all. I'm puzzled :/

Maurizio