Sharing with Windows

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Sat Feb 7 15:48:58 UTC 2015

On 02/07/2015 07:40 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 7 February 2015 at 06:35, William Scott Lockwood III
> <scott at guppylog.com> wrote:
>> I am on the move and responding from my tablet, but that directory name has
>> spaces in it, What if you encapsulate it with quotation marks?
>
> Oh gods, I hadn't noticed the spaces in the volume name /and/ the
> folder name. The OP must /really/ like making things difficult for
> themselves.
>
> OK, if Hint #1 was Don't Use NTFS, then Hint #2 is Eliminate All
> Spaces From The Pathname.

WS=> Spaces might be a problem.  Don't use parentheses because I am not
sure that Windows allow that character in file, disk  and directory
names.   Try replacing all spaces in file names (etc.) with an
underscore.  This might be overkill but it's good to be on the safe side.

PS.  I am not sure if this is relevant, but...

   When a friends laptop died (the motherboard died but the hard drive
was still good) I put the hard drive in an external enclosure converting
it to an external drive.  She had complete access to everything in the
external drive using her new Windows laptop.  I was also able to access
everything with Linux.  Naturally, the drive was formatted with NTFS.