Antivirus on the Linux desktop (was ClamAv oddity)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Dec 11 15:57:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:19:20 -0500, John Hupp wrote:
>Dazuko

IIRC Avira used it. I was in favour of Avira on Linux and on Windows,
but since I don't need Antivir software for my Linux computer, I
dropped it a long time ago. For my Windows installs on Linux hosts I
switched from Avira to Avast. Avira IMO still is the better software
regarding security and log file information, but Avira gets to much
broken after engine upgrades, so I switched to the IMO less good
but more stable Avast, since the host anyway could make snapshots of the
Windows guests and in addition I can easily make backups of the virtual
drives. I guess antivir software for wine is asking for trouble,
trouble that doesn't exist for a Linux server or a real Windows
installed as guest.