Mail server not working with Postfix Dovecot

Mariano Jara Melagrani mjaramelagrani at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:53:05 UTC 2015

On 07/12/15 15:51, Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 15:15:24 -0300
> Mariano Jara Melagrani <mjaramelagrani at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Dec  7 14:29:25 server1 postfix/smtpd[20971]: cannot load Certificate Authority data: disabling TLS support
> Dec  7 14:29:25 server1 postfix/smtpd[20971]: warning: TLS library problem: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:169:fopen('/etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem','r'):
>
> This indicates that you haven't set up TLS properly. Did you generate
> certificates and place them in the location above? (The location can be
> configured if you put them elsewhere.) Follow the steps for setting up
> saslauthd with Postfix here:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix

I've saved the old config files and started all over again from scratch.
This time I followed the guide suggested by Petter in the link above.

But when I get to this line of that guide

"Next edit /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf and add the following lines:"

I have nothing in /etc/postfix/sasl/

mariano at server1:/etc/postfix/sasl$ ls -l
total 0

How can that be? What am I missing here?

--
Atte.
Mariano Jara Melagrani

0x80319128 GnuPG v1.4 (GNU/Linux)