Mail server not working with Postfix Dovecot

Mariano Jara Melagrani mjaramelagrani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:43:14 UTC 2015

On 07/12/15 13:16, Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:49:29 -0300
> Mariano Jara Melagrani <mjaramelagrani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/12/15 10:11, Petter Adsen wrote:

>> <snip>>
<snip>
>> I've just spoken to my ISP over the phone, and they said that they
>> don't block ports 25 and 110, but they weren't sure about 465 and 995.
>
> Have you tried connecting to port 25 yourself, just to verify that the
> service is in fact running and accepting connections? 'telnet hostname
> 25' will do that. Watch the logs, connections will show up there.

Yes, I have. The log shows two errors, one of them seems to be a TLS
library problem. And the other error seems to be a DNS issue (a hostname
not resolving into an IP address). Here's the log

http://paste.ubuntu.com/13794144/

> Is this port forwarded from your router, and if so, is that properly
> configured?

Yes, it is forwarded from my border router. My server is behind a NAT
service, which is provided by the router, so those ports (25, 110, 465
and 995) are being forwarded to the internal-private IP address of the
server.

> And like David pointed out, consider running that mail server in a
> container or VM.

I will consider this as soon as I have the chance to upgrade the bare
metal hardware on which the server is running at the moment. Thanks.

--
Atte.
Mariano Jara Melagrani

0x80319128 GnuPG v1.4 (GNU/Linux)