Mail server not working with Postfix Dovecot

Mariano Jara Melagrani mjaramelagrani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:59:51 UTC 2015

On 07/12/15 10:55, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-12-07 at 14:11 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:29:15 +0100
>> iceblink <iceblink at seti.nl> wrote:
<snip>
> Before I learned how to get my email sent directly to my server, I was
> using fetchmail on the server as a cron job to download automatically
> with POP and chuck everything at postfix. This works but is a bit naff
> and nowhere as cool. The POP method has its uses though and I still use
> it (these days with getmail) in addition to direct delivery to download
> from a yahoo account and put everything from the local free cycle list
> through procmail which diverts a whole load of stuff I'm never going to
> be interested in straight into /null.
>
> The POP/cron method might be a way for the OP to run a server if he
> really can't get incoming SMTP packets.
>
> Potentially stupid/obvious question:- Has the OP edited his MX record to
> redirect email to his own network?

Yes David, I've edited my MX record but not sure if I set it right. This
is what I have right now:

jaramelagrani.com.ar (G)	MX	10:mail.jaramelagrani.com.ar
mail.jaramelagrani.com.ar (G)	A	181.230.43.12

> To deal with the dynamic IP address problem I run the noip client on the
> server.

I've dealt with this issue with a cron job running on the server.

--
Atte.
Mariano Jara Melagrani

0x80319128 GnuPG v1.4 (GNU/Linux)