Automount for flash drives now failing in 14.04

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:48:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Tommy Trussell
<tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Have you tried a freshly-formatted drive?

Not recently, no.

> Have you looked at the entries in your log files when you insert the drive?

(grimace) no, but I'm not sure what to expect.

> This used to happen to me all the time and it turned out the filesystem on
> the drive was marked as needing a fsck (after however many mounts) but
> Ubuntu didn't (doesn't?) have any way to notify you of that in the gui. The
> message would appear in syslog (maybe kern.log, too), but Ubuntu would not
> automount the filesystem.

That might be, but on my work desktop, neither of the drives exhibits
this behavior.  I'd expect it to be the same, especially now that I'm
using Intel for both machine cores.

Thanks.  I'll check anyway.

MR