Help! Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop is Incompatible with VirtualBox Graphics Adapter!

Teo En Ming teo.en.ming at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:13:45 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Petter Adsen <petter at synth.no> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 14:01:17 +0800
> Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Ubuntu Users,
>
> <snip>
>
> You really should write shorter messages, it's a pain to read through
> this.
>
>> Now, the question is: How can I roll back to Ubuntu 14.10 or Ubuntu
>> 14.04.1 LTS? Or should I wait for a new release of Ubuntu Linux to see
>> if it is compatible with VirtualBox Graphics Adapter? The wait could
>> be six months. Are there Beta versions of Ubuntu Linux newer than
>> 15.04 currently in development? I hope newer versions of Ubuntu Linux
>> would be compatible with VirtualBox Graphics Adapter.
>
> 'sudo do-release-upgrade -d' will let you upgrade to the beta of 15.10,
> which will be released in October.
>
> If that doesn't work, I believe VMware will let you download a 30-day
> evaluation version of Workstation, which you can use to install your
> guest. Then download Player, which is a free download, to run it when
> the evaluation version expires.
>
> Petter

Dear Petter,

I have tried booting up from Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) Daily Build
8 Aug 2015 ISO and it appears to be compatible with VirtualBox
Graphics Adapter.

There is no weird/strange behavior where the installation screens keep
restarting after booting up. Looks like I will upgrade to Ubuntu
15.10.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Subtle Denial of Medical Treatment by the Singapore Government for Mr.
Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Link: https://www.scribd.com/doc/258700156/Subtle-Denial-of-Medical-Treatment-by-the-Singapore-Government-for-Mr-Teo-En-Ming-Zhang-Enming