Convertable Laptop Compatibility?

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sat Aug 8 10:09:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 21:14:18 -0700
"P. Echols" <p.echo926 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2015 2:40 AM, "Liam Proven" <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 5 August 2015 at 22:29, P. Echols <p.echo926 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thank you. What about the interface don't you like?  For a convertible,
> > > wouldn't it still be the same Ubuntu desktop, but using the touch
> screen?
> >

> > Ubuntu is working on a touch interface but it's not ready for
> > prime-time yet. Indeed this week it released some info that reveals
> > that it won't be in 16.04, either.
> >
> > Honestly, as someone who is keen on Ubuntu: don't. Not yet. If you
> > want a tablet as well as a laptop, buy one of each.
> >

> Thanks for the reply Liam,
>
> When you say not ready for prime time, what do you mean? I have read some
> web comments of Yoga Pro users who seem to like Ubuntu on it well enough.
> So I guess I wonder what the problems would be?

I think he means what he says - it isn't ready, as in "not released in
a stable form". There may, and probably will, be serious bugs and
issues. Nobody can tell you what will and will not work in
alpha-quality software. Things that work today might break tomorrow. I
second his suggestion to get a separate tablet instead, it is more
likely to give you something you are happy with at this point.

At the very least, make sure you can return it if it doesn't work well
for you, but I really would just stay away.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"