How to do a release upgrade (example: 14.10 -> 15.04) on the command-line

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:49:39 UTC 2015

Every time I do this, something needs fixing.  Accordingly, I'd like to get
a log of all of the actions, outputs and versions involved in doing the
upgrade from utopic to vivid.  I'm most comfortable on the command line for
such tasks, but a quick look at the man pages that I know does not tell me
how to do this.

Anybody got a clue for me?

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */