Re: Okay, I give up… how to connect my (Android) phone properly (MTP)?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:05:44 UTC 2015

> On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 18:36:31 +0200
> Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So I did my own workaround. Now, since I'm not very good at this, I would
> > just ask here to see if anybody have a better idea or if anyone can tell
> me
> > why I shouldn't do this and what I should do instead.
> >
> > So what I did, was a Bash script that looks for the phone every ten
> > seconds. If it is found, a soft link to it is created at ${HOME}, called
>> > Nexus” (yes, this script only works with Nexus phones and only for one
> at a
> > time, which is okay with me but maybe not so okay with others).
>
> The only idea I can come up with is to write a udev rule to mount the
> phone (or create the link) when it is connected. Better than running
> the script every ten seconds.

Yes, that sounds a lot better, thank you!
I'll do some searching and try to learn how to do that. If you have any
handy links for this, I'll be grateful.

By the way, my script runs perfectly now and it shows 0% CPU and 240 KiB
memory, but I think your idea is better anyway. I'm just happy that I made
something that actually works… :P
Just like the old days when I used Ubuntu-One. The daemon crashed all the
time so I wrote a simple script that looked for it now and then and
restarted it if it wasn't found. That one worked too, but it would of
course have been better if the daemon didn't crash in the first place……

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg