Making resolv.conf changes permanant

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Apr 30 22:19:41 UTC 2015

I can see that there is UDP 53 traffic arriving at the caching server, so "I know" that the client is or appears to be asking the server for info, but it cant reach the server.

My "mistake" obviously is to have a new all ubuntu network.  So what I am doing right now is installing Debian 7.08 with bind9.  A setup which I have used for over a decade with no issues in order to try and determine if its the ubuntu client or the ubuntu server that is the problem.

Frankly, these installs are all std build as default, so I am quite astounded that no one knows what is going on and the documentation is so inadequate on such a major package.

regards

Steven