trying to install lubuntu-14.04-2 LTS, cannot

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 28 17:21:46 UTC 2015

Greetings all;

Apparently the installer will not proceed without a working network.  Its
sitting there with a spinning wheel on the task bar, looking for a
staticly addressed, hosts file based network it will never find, unless
you kind people can tell me what cailber of rifle I need to nuke the SOB
long enough for me to edit and make work, a staticly addressed network.

It appears the install is blocked until it finds a network, so I can't
even install now & set it up after the reboot.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)