systemd question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 20 17:53:16 UTC 2015

On Monday 20 April 2015 09:20:47 Colin Law wrote:
> On 20 April 2015 at 13:59, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> >> This should be helpful for that question and others
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SysVinit_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet
> >>
> >> Colin
> >
> > Looks like it would be useful.  Marked and printed FFR, Thanks Colin
> >
> > But what would start all the nfs mounts I normally use, after
> > the /etc/exports, fstab entries and such as are normally needed for
> > that?
> >
> > In other words, it needs a code dictionary to replace the
> > placeholder frobozz. ;-)
>
> Sorry I don't understand.  How are they currently mounted?
>
> Colin

ATM they are not mounted. It turns out that autofs was not installed.
But now it is, and claims its running, but no shares have appeared at
the /net/this and /net/that mount points.  And I am coming to the
conclusion that I need a new laptop, this one has not the memory, or the
cpu, to run even a lightweight linux install such as mint-17.1 64 bit
xfce today.  Even a reboot doesn't bring up the nfs shares, and I can't
find a log telling me why.  Sigh.

Thanks Colin.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)