No sound, not sure what device is being used

Niles Rogoff nilesrogoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 02:24:19 UTC 2015

I don't actually know much about sound, but I can tell you to look into
some of the configuration options for PulseAudio. It controls sound input
(from applications) and output (to speakers). In my experience, most
problems were fixed with apt-get purge pulseaudio and a reboot, though in
your case this may just make things worse.