Tablets and Linux

AV3 arvimide at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 9 14:54:26 UTC 2015

On 4/9/15, 10:16, Petter Adsen wrote:
> I have an iPad, but I've found it is not generally very easy to use
> with Linux, so I'm considering getting an Android tablet. Do these
> generally behave as Android phones, so I can mount the file system and
> transfer files directly?
>
> Also, is synchronization of calendars and contacts hassle-free for
> desktop Ubuntu applications?
>
> I'm just assuming that Android plays nicer with Linux than iThings do,
> but please correct me on this so I don't go from trouble I'm aware of
> to brand new and shiny problems.

If you double-boot to Windows or Mac, you can install the appropriate
version of iTunes and sync your iPad as designed. It will sync the
calendar and contact programs of the OS you use for iTunes.

Trying to force your way directly into the iPad file system is not
recommended, as it is designed to sandbox each app and its files
separately. Android is designed for this purpose.

--
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ at Wearthlink.net>    ||