openvpn/dns issues on ubuntu 14.04

Paolo De Michele paolo at paolodemichele.it
Wed Apr 8 08:43:17 UTC 2015

hi Henk te Sligte,

thanks for your reply and your help
about your questions:

- the vpn server is configured so that if the request is a particular
  client takes a particular IP address and vice versa; in this case the
  vpn server in its configuration has 2 routes:

  192.168.40.x and 10.8.0.x

- if I not use a particular certificate and key file I've an ip like
  this: 10.8.0.x while if I use another one certeficate and key file
  I've 192.168.40.x. in my laptop with lubuntu I simulated both
  situations and I have no problem. this mean that the vpn server works
  correctly

- if I try the same configuration in a client by ubuntu I can not be
  able to view the webpage (as if the problem were side dns).
  all addresses are resolved with the dig command. if I try via hostname
  doesn't works, if I try via ip address it works.

yes, that's weird.
I saw your image and works fine for my scope
so, I'm interested in your configuration

please let me know, thanks in advance
regards

Paolo De Michele
Finger Print: 038F 13HS 9339