[LightDM] Newer version of lightdm for 14.04.1 -- is this possible?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Sep 28 23:23:47 UTC 2014

At Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:40:09 +1300 Robert Ancell <robert.ancell at gmail.com> wrote:

> 14.04 LTS will continue to receive updates in the LightDM 1.10 series [1].
> This series contains important bugfixes and occasional backports of new
> features that can be added without modifying existing behaviours. All
> updates to 14.04 LTS need to go through the Stable Release Update process
> [2] which means features need to be carefully tested.

Ok, what do I need to do to get the failure to autologin 'bug' fixed?  Is
there someplace I should report this bug?  This is the 'bug' where LightDM
1.10 fails to autologin the Nth time (where N > 1).  Or is this really a bug
with the Ubuntu Unity greeter?  (BTW: Ubuntu Unity greeter has various issues
all on its own.)