Path, Wash,, Reavver

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 21:03:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Grizzly <Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> A few questions not all related, I've googled and cant find any good answers
>
> 1) how to set the default $PATH for terminal, I have tried ~sudo visudo,
> which shows only the standard usr/bin: usr/sbin... but when I'm in terminal
> "SudoEcho PATH" & "Echo $PATH" both show a longer line including "/Game/"
>
> I don't have a game folder/directory so I would like to edit that on a
> perminant basis and add my /home/scripts folder in its place

The path that you see when you run "sudo visudo" is the path that's
set when you run "sudo <command>". It's the "secure_path" in
"/etc/sudoers".

On Ubuntu (and Debian), the system-wide PATH is set via
"/etc/environment" but to change your personal PATH, edit
"~you/.profile".

If you haven't changed it, the default is:

if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi

You can replace 'PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"' with the PATH that you want.