"Shellshock" bash bug

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 12:23:57 UTC 2014

On my Xubuntu, with freshly installed GNU bash, version 4.3.11(1)-release
(x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) from bash package version 4.3-7ubuntu1.3, I get
instead an error message as I showed originally.  Bash remarks that it's
refusing to honor the function definition, and reports it as an error.
Then it outputs the "this is a test" thing.

For some reason, you're skipping that step.  Be careful about the quotes
and such.