Firefox question

Sajan Parikh sajan at parikh.io
Thu Sep 25 21:16:53 UTC 2014

On 09/25/2014 07:13 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> When trying to configure Firefox 32.0 on a new 14.04 install, I notice that
> in about:config there is no 'keyword.url' entry - all the online guides
> seem to refer to it.
>
> Can any enlighten me about this?  Thanks.
>
> - Richard.
The setting was dropped recently.  There are a couple extensions I think
that bring it back.  However, if I'm not mistaken, the keyword.url is
now the same as the search engine provider you use for the search box.

Effectively, you can hide the search box from your toolbar and use the
address bar.  They both go to the same place now.

Sajan Parikh