KB shortcut to disable the touchpad

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:56:26 UTC 2014

On 25 September 2014 13:50, Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> Good evening
> Sorry for bothering everybody so frequently.
>
> I have a Dell Vostro 3500(?). That thing has a key combination to
> temporarily disable the touchpad:
> Fn + F6.
>
> The two machines I am currently using to "practice Linux" (Mouse
> Computer TW9 / Dell Inspiron 1545)
> apparently do NOT have such keys.
> I know I can disable the touchpad via "Settings", but ...
> it would be REALLY nice, if it were possible to assign a KB shortcut to
> that operation.
>
> IS that posssible?
> If so, how is it achieved?

I can't find any info about the Mouse Computer TW9 in a script that I can read.

The Dell only enables it to be done by disabling the device in Windows
system properties, or using Windows' "disable trackpad when mouse is
connected" option.

Tried this addon?

http://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/automatically-disable-touchpad-when-mouse-is-connected-ubuntu/