Connecting USB scanners and printers to a wireless network

wcj9996 at frontier.com wcj9996 at frontier.com
Wed Sep 17 16:23:33 UTC 2014

Peter:

I am using a Trendnet TE100-P21 printserver to connect a Brother HL-5040
printer to the LAN.  It will support two USB printers and a parallel
printer.  I have had it for several years and have used it with several
Ubuntu releases.  It uses the browser for setup.

   walt

On 09/16/2014 09:45 AM, Peter Goggin wrote:
> On 17/09/14 00:30, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 15 September 2014 22:27:17 Peter Goggin did opine
>> And Gene did reply:
>>> I don't know if this is the right place to ask these questions. If not
>>> perhaps some one could point me in the right direction
>>>
>>> I have four laptops running ubuntu 14.04.  connected to my wireless
>>> network. The router has four ethernet ports.
>>> I have four periperals which I wish to make available on the wireless
>>> network.
>>> 1. Samsung CPL-320n - This connects directly to one of the ports on my
>>> router and can be used by all four laptops.
>>> 2. Brother HL2130 laser printer. This only has a usb port.
>>> 3 Epsom XP-100 printer/scanner. Only has usb port

--
----- Walt Jamison  walter.jamison at frontier.com -----

--
-----  walt  wcj9996 at frontier.com -----