Flashplayer issues

Peter Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 23:46:02 UTC 2014

On 14/09/14 21:52, Colin Law wrote:
> On 14 September 2014 18:52, Charles Irons <irons.charles at gmail.com
> <mailto:irons.charles at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     __
>     On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 17:00 +0100, Peter Smout wrote:
>     (Google Chrome browser ships with a more up-to-date flash plug-in,
>     that with
>     some hacking can be linked to the browser of your choice)
>
>     SARS is the site I use that requires Flashplayer .
>     How much hacking is needed to get the Google version to work with
>     Firefox?
>

> If it works with Chrome then why not use that?
>
> Colin

Or there seems to be a PPA that 'wraps' the Chrome Pepper plugin into
firefox!

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/05/install-fresh-player-plugin-in-ubuntu.html

I have not tried this, although I have used PPA's from these before with
no noticeable security problems!

I cannot find the page that I followed (long since not bothered to use
it, but if you need it!)

HTH

Pete S