Are you forced to buy windows in order to solve certain tasks on the internet e.g. like certain banktasks and to update garmin gps maps and other

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:19:45 UTC 2014

On 14 September 2014 14:46, user1 <bqz69 at telia.com> wrote:
> My conclusion is that in order to solve ALL tasks -and to use ALL
> websites on the internet you are FORCED to always have windows installed
> or to have an extra computer running windows.

If only it were true that having windows installed would solve ALL
tasks.  There are very many tasks that are not solved by having
windows (or any operating system).  If what you mean is that to run
all windows software you mean you have to have windows then that is
probably true.  As for requiring windows to access all websites then I
for one have not found any websites that I need to use that require
windows.  If I did I would do my best to avoid using that site, and if
there were one that I absolutely had to use then I would make it very
clear to the organisation running it that I was most unhappy.

Colin