Upgrading to 14.04 gives problems II

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 07:49:31 UTC 2014

On 14 September 2014 03:37, Samuel Romero <samuel_romero at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Joep,
>
> I had the exact same situation and error message as you.  The error message was way out of the problem, as it is actually related to the nvidia driver, assuming you have an nvidia driver installed, here is the explanation of the problem and the solution.
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/449507/nvidia-libopencl1-331-has-to-be-removed-before-installing-wine/452782#452782

The comments there and in the associated bugs do not seem to suggest
problems with liblcms, but possibly the nvidia driver issue is the
cause.  Joep are you using the nvidia drivers do you know?  If you are
not sure open synaptic, type nvidia in the search box and click
installed on the left.  See if anything with nvidia in the name
appears (it will likely show some packages without nvidia in the name,
that is normal).

Colin