Upgrading to 14.04 gives problems II

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:01:07 UTC 2014

On 12 September 2014 18:40, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,

>> > sudo apt-get purge -s liblcms2-2
>> Actually I think the answer is to use apt-get to change it to the
>> correct version in one go, so
>> apt-get install -s liblcms2-2=2.5-0ubuntu4
>
> note: liblcms2-2:i386 != liblcms2-2:amd64 ...
>
> that wine package is obviously a multiarch i386 package to be installed
> on amd64 ... if you research the dependency chain here, make sure to
> always use colon and arch appended to the package name to specify the
> desired arch ...

Oops, I had missed that.  Hold your horses Joep till we get this
sorted out.  Oli, does that mean that on a 64 bit system one can have
liblcms2-2 (which will actually be the 64 bit version) and
liblcms2-2:i386 both installed?  In which case Joep what does
apt-cache policy liblcms2-2:i386
show (you don't need sudo on apt-cache policy by the way).  The fact
that liblcms2-2 (:amd64?) appears to be from the wrong repo is still
odd, the fact that it appears to be a later version from an earlier
repo even stranger.

Colin