Now 14.04 doesn't like my printer

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 22:16:44 UTC 2014

This is just another is an apparently never ending series of problems
I'm having with 14.04.

I have a Brother HL 2240 laser printer attached via USB to my machine.
I'm pretty sure this was working last week, but now it can't seem to
print.

When I try to print an LO document, lpstat -t shows "Sending data to
printer" but nothing ever prints.

Part of the problem may be that this printer is not among those listed
in the print manager, it goes from HL 2170W to HL2410ce.  I was using
the 2140 driver, and that was working, but now it prints nothing.  If
I send it a test page, I get blank after blank.

WTF?
MR