USB sync (file transfer) with Android

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:02:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:43:25 +0700, Diep Pham wrote:

> On 10/21/2014 08:35 AM, thufir wrote:
>> What's a good approach to mounting and transferring files with Android?
>> I'd like to physically connect the device with USB.
> Have you tried to connect your phone to Ubuntu to see if it works out of
> the box or not?

I've tried a few times:

thufir at dur:~$
thufir at dur:~$ sudo mtpfs -o allow_other phone
[sudo] password for thufir:
Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Listing raw device
(s)
Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
   Found 1 device(s):
   Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 4
Attempting to connect device
LIBMTP PANIC: Could not open session! (Return code 8195)
  Try to reset the device.
Unable to open raw device 0
thufir at dur:~$

thanks,