Display settings panel applet

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:06:32 UTC 2014

On 20 October 2014 22:04, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I going a bit mad, or did older Unity versions of Ubuntu have the
> option to have a display-settings applet in the panel at all times?
>
> I've got an old 19" Trinitron CRT plugged into my laptop. Trusty sets
> up both heads no problem from a cold boot, but on wake from sleep,
> /every single time/ it inactivates the LCD and I have to dive into
> System Settings to re-enable it.

I don't remember having the ability to have display settings in the
panel, but I have had such problems myself.  For me the solution, was
to make sure I power up the monitor a few seconds before waking the
PC.  Also I found that if it did wake up incorrectly that if I
unplugged the monitor from the laptop for a few seconds then plugged
it back in then it would recognise it automatically.

Alternatively you could write a script run on wakeup that runs Display Settings.

Colin