Apache2 not working like before upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 18:07:24 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 03:21 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 06.10.2014, 22:22 -0500 schrieb Jim Byrnes:
>> I am thinking about doing a dist upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04 on my
>> desktop. In preparation I setup my laptop just like my desktop so I
>> could do a test run. Before doing the upgrade on the laptop I made sure
>> everything worked.
>>

> from: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Server
>
> ..."Apache 2.4
>
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS includes Apache 2.4; this is a major version upgrade
> from Apache 2.2 in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and users should take care to read
> the upgrade notes included in the packaging and the upstream upgrading
> documentation." ...
>
> visit that page, in the original text there are two links to upgrade
> hints ...
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Oliver,

Thanks. Following the links on that page jogged my memory and I realized
that the default document root changed from /var/www/ to
/var/www/html/. Once I moved my files it worked.

Note: on the URL above if you click on "upgrade notes" for Apache2.4 you
go to a page that has 404 as a heading. Then it says: The specific
version of the package you requested doesn't exist, but other versions
of this package are available in the database. The file you are looking
for might exist in one of the following versions:

Selecting the last link on the list gave me the info I needed.  I don't
know if this is what was intended or not.

Regards,  Jim