Apache2 not working like before upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 03:22:25 UTC 2014

I am thinking about doing a dist upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04 on my
desktop. In preparation I setup my laptop just like my desktop so I
could do a test run. Before doing the upgrade on the laptop I made sure
everything worked.

After the upgrade two things aren't working. I can't access a local
mysql database with a browser and I have no wireless (but that's for
another thread).

I have Apache2 and Mysql installed locally. I can access the database
using phpmyadmin and by typing localhost in firefox I can get Apache2's
test page.

My file layout is: /var/www/repairs/repairs.html

Before the upgrade I could do: localhost/repairs/repairs.html and the
app I wrote would pull up the database. After the upgrade I get: The
requested URL /repairs/repairs.html was not found on this server.

Has something changed with Apache2 in 14.04?

I set this up about 2 or 3 years ago and it has just worked since then
so I am bit rusty on how this all works now.

Regards,  Jim