Firewall Questions

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 19:27:23 UTC 2014

Folks,

I have my wired network secured with ufw. However, I am wondering about
my laptop which is connected wirelessly via an access point. It is,
however, sometimes used in a more public setting. Correct me if I am
mistaken about it being safe on my wired network without ufw running on it.

Should I run ufw on it as well? If so, can I use the default
configuration that is present on it? Will there be a problem when it is
running behind my home network as a wireless device?

Thanks,
Jay
--
Jay Ridgley