Upgrading from 12.04.5LTS to 14.04.1LTS Unable to do an upgrade from CD

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 4 18:44:11 UTC 2014

Folks,

I am trying to keep the same thread, however, to losing my entire hard
drive contents during an attempt to upgrade from 12.04.5LTS to
14.04.1LTS it may not be the same thread.

Current status I have gotten things back together, mostly, that is.

I lost everything that was not backed up offline, I learned a vital
lesson here, backing up to the same drive, different partition is not a
good method. For two reasons if the disk is wiped BYE-BYE or if it fails
you have the same problem.

The bottom line is I installed a fresh copy over what I had, I will not
supply the details (to protect the guilty).

However, I still have a few more questions, post install. Should this
thread be closed and a new one opened? If so let me no and I will
respond with  ** CLOSED**  in the subject an start a new therad.

In part the problem was an known error that is documented that I missed...

Regards and apologies,
jay

--

Jay Ridgley