Firefox V33.0 locking up system

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 29 17:08:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-11-29 at 11:28 -0500, Stephen Allen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 09:52:12PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> > This is Firefox V33 for Ubuntu. Running on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and Gnome
> > 3.12.2. I've noticed that periodically Firefox will lockup, clock on top
> > task bar will quit running and I'll have to to CTRL-F1, log in and do a
> > sudo reboot to restart system. Thinking it may be memory I ran Memtest86
> > for 6hrs today with no errors noted. Could the Firefox cached web
> > content have anything to do with this? Last night it happened as I was
> > scrolling down through my Facebook feed.
>
> Install Cinnamon and see if it works there without freezing - I assume you've disabled any add-ons to Mozilla before posting? Does it happen with add-ons disabled?

Thanks for the reply Stephen, it's so sporadic that it may go a day or
so then lockup. At first I thought it may have been xscreensaver because
I'd turn the monitor on after being gone for awhile and the screen would
be black however the mouse pointer would move. I turned that off for a
few days however the freeze happened again this time as I was scrolling
down through my feed in Facebook. It's weird because not only would FF
freeze but the whole system even the clock on the top taskbar stopped.
I'll install Cinnamon and see what add-ons I can disable that I can do
without for now. I've been clearing the content cache every so often to
keep it low. I'll let that go and see what happens.

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris