Firefox pasting from the clipboard

Stephen Allen marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:36:42 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 04:29:50PM +0000, R Kimber wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:14:23 -0500
> Stephen Allen wrote:
>
> > I'd look in your window-manger settings, for that. Not sure which one
> > you're using, but should be the mouse/keyboard settings for system wide.
> > A terminal would have it own settings for this as well.
>
> I can paste in other apps.  It just seems to be a Firefox issue.  Chrome
> browser is OK.
>
> FWIW I'm using the Mate desktop and whatever window manager that uses.

Perhaps a bug with that DE (Mate). I tested my environment (I've set the mouse middle button to paste via the system control panel) and it works in Firefox and all my other apps. FWIW I'm using Gnome-Shell and Cinnamon (tested in both).

So, perhaps disable the config setting in Firefox and set the action or toggle on|off in your Mate Desktop and see if it works. If it doesn't, then maybe install another DE to see if the issue is MATE?