14.04 after upgrade freezes with fire fox

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 14 23:51:02 UTC 2014

Thank you for all the suggestions for how to solve the fire
fox freezing the computer issues.
Just wanted to post and say that the cause of the computer
freezing was definitely the xul-ext-ubufox package.
I installed from Mozilla and started and it disabled this
addon and ran fine. Turn it back on it freezes the computer.
It probably is because I run Ubuntu 14.04 with gnome
flashback (Metacity) not unity and compriz
I removed the repositry version of firefox and the
xul-ext-ubufox package and am using firefox 33.1.1 off their
website .
Ran it all day without a problem.
             Thanks
              Linda