Windows and 14.04 Ubuntu

Sajan Parikh sajan at parikh.io
Wed Nov 5 22:48:29 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 04:41 PM, Randy Williamson wrote:
> Now I still have one application that needs Windows, Quicken.
Not a direct solution, but I had my parents switch over to Intuit's web
based offerings when I moved them to Ubuntu.  They've been pretty happy
with that so far.

To be honest, if its just a single application that you need Windows
for, you might come out ahead in the long run by switching over to
something web based or actually compatible with Linux.

I know that's not an easy task with finance software, but just something
to keep in the back of your head.

If you don't like the idea of having your finances on a third party
server, Linux does have one awesome native application; GNUCash.  I used
it for a long time, it's very featured, actively developed, and their
mailing list is extremely active and helpful.

With that said, if you ABSOLUTELY need to stay with Quicken, a
Virtualbox VM will be the easiest way to go if your hardware can handle
it okay.

--
Sajan Parikh