slow start up Ubuntu 14.04

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:22:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> >
> > This is an external hard drive.  The internal failed.
> >

> was the faster 13.10 installation on the same drive ?
>
> how is this external disk attached ? (eSATA, USB 2.0,  USB 3.0,
> thunderbolt, firewire  ...) ?
>
> ciao
>         oli
>
> --

The same drive had 13.10 on it.  it is connected via usb 3.0.

Oh, I did not realize you could click on 'computer' to see system files,
that's why I ran gksudo.

Anyway the bootlog file shows 80 seconds.  I think that is just from login
on, judging by how long booting from scratch actually takes.  i do not know
what to make of the info there though.

garyk