Unable to eject my CD/DVD tray

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun May 18 14:43:14 UTC 2014

On 05/18/2014 06:44 AM, Jasleen Kaur wrote:
> On 18 May 2014 15:26, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try powering off and on again.  If that does not work then power off
>> and push an opened up paper clip in the little hole you should find
>> just under the tray. [1]
> My laptop stop detecting my CD/DVD drive. :(
> Neither it mount the DVD, nor the button is working.
> what now?

Possibly the drive is not making contact with the socket. You
could take out the drive, try and clean the contacts you can get
to with a Q-Tip and alcohol, and put it back.

Or the drive may have failed. I bought a refurbished laptop and
it had a weird drive problem: the machine could access the drive, but
could not read from it. The vendor replaced the drive by mail and
all is copacetic now. So things do happen. . . .

If it's a software problem, I can't help.

--doug