Sane question

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 13:52:35 UTC 2014

I can scan with Xsane but the first attempt to scan when I
open it I get an error message

Failed to start scanner :invalid argument

If I close the box and try to scan the program works fine
until I close Xsane and reopen it.

I tried running  scanimage -v --test and this is what I got
for output

scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 297 to 296.973
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 420 to 419.962
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

I tried to find information on where the scanner
configuration files are but did not have any luck. Anyone
have any ideas on how to fix it or even where sane is
getting the arguments it uses when it starts?

                Linda