Fan doesnt seem to work properly after 14.04 upgrade

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sat May 10 00:11:04 UTC 2014

Last night I upgraded one of my test systems to 14.04.
It works fine - no problems.
This morning I started started seeing my CPU temp alarm
over and over. As long as SETI isnt running or Im not
running a browser with 15 tabs then my cpu is about 68',
otherwise its 78'. I moved the alarm from 78' to 80' and it
only took about a minute and it started going off again.

On the same system I moved back to 13.10 and I was
running SETI and opened 20 tabs, some with video
spun up ready to play, cpu temps stay much lower.

Some looking around showed similar issues with heating
but mostly on very old systems or laptops.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606