Preseeding language and keyboard?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Thu May 8 20:05:41 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I am trying to preseed language and keyboard settings for 14.04-LTS.

I have set the following for the kernel command line in isolinux/txt.cfg
(broken up into multiple lines in this mail to improve readability):

  append locale=de_DE.UTF-8
         console-setup/ask_detect=false
         keyboard-configuration/layoutcode=de
         keyboard-configuration/variantcode=nodeadkeys
         file=/cdrom/preseed/server.seed
         initrd=/install/initrd.gz
         quiet
         DEBCONF_DEBUG=5
         --

And in the preseed file, I have set the following options:

  d-i console-setup/ask_detect boolean false
  d-i debian-installer/locale string de_DE.UTF8
  d-i keyboard-configuration/layoutcode string de
  d-i keyboard-configuration/variantcode string nodeadkeys

According to
https://help.ubuntu.com/14.04/installation-guide/i386/apbs04.html
this should be enough to preseed language and keyboard settings. But the
installer keeps giving me the following error message:

  The translation of the installer is not fully complete for the selected
  language.
  The chance that you will actually encounter a dialog that is not translated
  into the selected language is extremely small, but it cannot be ruled out
  completely.
  Continue the installation in the selected language?

Any ideas how to get rid of this question?

--
Josef Wolf
jw at raven.inka.de